30. December 2017 11:13 GMT – After all the non-excitement there was a little more early this morning (GMT) as four large parcels were sold. This dropped the price by about $1’500 on average from $14.5k to $13k. I don’t know if there are any buyers out there at this point who are waiting for lower prices, but I expect we will see more of this before the end of the year. A price around $10’500 on New Years Eve would not surprise me. But at the same time, I would not be surprised by a strong rally starting New Years Day and continuing more-or-less for 2-3 weeks.
… And a Little Bit Down and a Little Bit Up
31. December 2017 00:17 GMT – there has been some more movement since midday but indecisive. The eyeball average is about $12’300 to $12’400. Typically what happens is that any big move comes right after I write a post, so let’s see what happens tonight?
How to avoid all this excitement (and risk)? My recommendation is to buy into CryptoGold. With mining in place and not subject to variations in fixed costs, this will put you in the easy chair (or maybe the beach lounger?), watching your benefits grow.
26. December 2017 15:11 GMT – In a surprising move, Bitcoin made a step up from the $13’500 level where it had stabilised (more or less) to around $15’000 at about 05:00 GMT this morning. It also remained at about tht level until just recently.
Will it hold? No way to know that until it happens, but BTC is increasing again as I write this (about 15:00 GMT). It is taking the futures with it.
27. December 2017 14:00 GMT – There have been a few larger movements up and down in the past 23 hours, but the market is remaining essentially stable (for now). It will be interesting to see if anything unusual happens before (and after) the end of the year.
28. December 2017 15:20 GMT – The more-or-less average exchange rate slid down about $1000 overnight. Mostly caused by some large parcel sells, and the visual average (the eyeball average on a non-logarithmic scale) is now running about $14k or maybe a few hundred lower.
30. December 2017 01:15 GMT – Basically more of the same in the past 12 hours or so There was an upbeat yesterday (29. December) morning – a step up early in the morning and then a similar step down later in the morning. Nothing exciting unless you get excited easily these days.
One interesting thing I have noted is that the large movements in the past few days seem almost (yes there are a few exceptions) always to be sellers. Does anybody have a reason for that? Anyway, see you later today, depending on what happens.
Oh! What are the bets for a strong surge after midnight on the 31st? I think they may be pretty good odds if someone is a betting sort.
24. December 2017 13:31 GMT – It appears that the BTC market has been rising on almost no volume and falling on relatively substantial selling. The result is that the bandwidth is now stretched between $15k on the high side and $12k on the low side. What that results in is that there were very few transactions yesterday (23. December) going up, and a fair amount of transactions today, mostly sells (at least up to now) going down. It is interesting to watch if you are not in a position where you have to do something.
It also is interesting that the news finally discovered the BTC sell-off. The various news services are touting the “largest fall since XXX” but they are out of date and the price is already rising by the time they publish. “Anything to sell newspapers”, I guess.
Since my BTC is in CryptoGold, I can just watch the excitement with no concern about what is happening short term. Join me! Click on the banner below and join for free.
25 December 2017 14:07 GMT – More of the same, except that the traffic last night was not as heavy as before. The mid-point right now seems to be about $13’500, but that could change quickly. Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it?